Monday, October 8, 2012

Accessibility & Flexibility Example


This is an example of the kind of accessibility and flexibility that I will incorporate in the 1:12 scale dollhouse design I am going to make. 
 
It is six stackable rooms with frontal openings to each kitchen. The total display measures about 3' x 9'.

I put the Country Kitchens display together in 2008 for the county fair showing five 'typical' kitchens from the U.S. Midwest and one more with my guess for what one might look like in the future.
 
A variety of kits, purchased items and hand-made pieces representing elements from the periods are shown in the kitchens. Many historical books and other research sources were used to help guide me in this project. 
 
About five hundred fair attendees rated the kitchens with 1950 as the favorite and 2025 as a close second place.
 

1 comment: